This committee works to ensure that healthcare is available to all by addressing issues such as affordability, access, health disparities, mental health coverage, and reproductive rights.
Call and tweet the 15 senators most likely to oppose Trumpcare.
Who cares that they’re not our senators? This is an emergency! Their information is here.
Volunteer to escort patients at the Cherry Hill Women’s Center.
You can sign up here.
Watch a documentary from Fixhealthcare.com that makes the case for business leaders support for major healthcare reform.
Take Action on Affordable Healthcare
- Join the Payback Project. The House of Representatives recently passed the American Healthcare Act which limits coverage of pre-existing conditions in order to give a tax break to the rich. The Payback Project is dedicated to holding the 217 Republicans who voted for this bill accountable. Share your story, find an event, or sign up to participate in a die-in here.
- Contact your representative to urge him to support HR 676, the Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act. (Which District do I live in?) Tell him not only don’t you want any kind of Trumpcare, but Obamacare didn’t go far enough! Read about the single payer plan described by the Physicians for a National Health Plan on this page, which includes an editable letter and other activism suggestions.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper expressing your support for single payer plans. Some guidelines for good letters and examples are here.
Take Action on Reproductive Rights
- Help out the National Abortion Rights Action League. NARAL is an organization of activists who work for access to abortion care, birth control, paid parental leave and protections from pregnancy discrimination. You can volunteer here, or sign up to get mobile action alerts here.
- Volunteer at Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a national organization that provides reproductive healthcare, education, and advocacy. Volunteers can help distribute educational materials, advocate for legislation and voter registration, and assist with development work. Sign up here.
Other useful organizations:
Healthcare-Now.org works to win a national single-payer health care system because access to healthcare is basic to human dignity.
The Mazzoni Center, located in Philadelphia, is dedicated to meeting the unique health and wellness needs of the LGBTQ communities.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) New Jersey is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness through education, support, advocacy and public awareness programs.
New Jersey Universal Healthcare Coalition exists to develop and build support for state-level single-payer legislation in New Jersey.
Planned Parenthood of North, Central, and Southern New Jersey provides reproductive healthcare, education, and advocacy throughout New Jersey.